This course provides an overview of the spousal consent requirements as they apply to qualified plans (including 403(b) plans).
The Program′s easy-to-learn design has numerous tips, examples, and procedural recommendations that are interspersed with interactive Q and A sessions so that you are confident that you are learning and in where your strengths and weaknesses lie. And it′s "Bookmark" feature also lets you learn at your own pace, while giving you the ability to review previously completed material.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the origins of the spousal consent requirements
- Define the word "spouse" as it pertains to spousal rights under the plan
- Describe the spousal consent requirements under a plan subject to the qualified joint and survivor annuity requirements
- List the exceptions to the spousal consent requirements under plans subject to the qualified joint and survivor annuity requirements
- Describe the spousal consent requirements applicable to qualified pre-retirement survivor annuities
- Describe a spouse′s rights regarding the form and timing of payment under a plan subject to the qualified joint and survivor annuity requirements
- Identify the requirements necessary for a plan to avoid being subject to the qualified joint and survivor annuity requirements
- Describe the spousal consent requirements under plans that are exempt from the qualified joint and survivor annuity requirements
- Identify the steps that must be taken to correct spousal consent failures
- Describe the effects that qualified domestic relations orders and so-called "slayer statutes" have on the spousal consent requirements
Don′t wait; get trained today!
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars, webinars, audio conferences, and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance.
We also offer specialized seminars for HR Generalists, and on conducting Internal Investigations, as well as advanced courses on Strategic Leadership and Internal Investigations.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
Our programs also qualify for HRCI's PHR and SPHR re-certification credits, as well as SHRM's SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP PDCs. Seminar Policies