Includes Updates For The SECURE Act's Changes To RMD Rules
This course provides an overview of the Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules under IRC section 401(a)(9), as they apply to defined benefit plans.
The Program's easy-to-learn design has numerous tips, examples, and procedural recommendations that are interspersed with interactive Q and A sessions so that you are confident that you are learning and in where your strengths and weaknesses lie. And it's "Bookmark" feature also lets you learn at your own pace, and gives you the ability to review previously completed material.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to determine:
- The Required Beginning Date (RBD) for defined benefit plans
- How to calculate first year payments for Lifetime RMDs
- How to calculate death RMDs
- Who, if anyone, is a "designated beneficiary" for purposes of death benefits
- How benefits must be paid if a participant dies before RMDs begin
- How benefits must be paid if a participant dies after RMDs begin
- Whether an annuity payment satisfies the RMD rules
- Whether a "period certain" under an annuity satisfies the RMD rules
- When Defined Benefit plan distributions are eligible rollover distributions
- What portion of a lump sum distribution should be treated as an eligible rollover distribution
- When an actuarial increase to a participant's benefits is required because of the participant's retirement date
- When benefit payments must be adjusted because of additional accruals or vesting that occurs after distributions begin
- How the RMD rules apply when a Qualified Domestic Relations Order applies to a participant's benefits
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars, webinars, audio conferences, and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance.
We also offer specialized seminars for HR Generalists, and on conducting Internal Investigations, as well as advanced courses on Strategic Leadership and Internal Investigations.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
Our programs also qualify for HRCI's PHR and SPHR re-certification credits, as well as SHRM's SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP PDCs. Seminar Policies