This training session is available in both in-person and video conference formats. Same great training; you simply decide which format best fits your needs!
About This Course
Our Advanced Internal Investigations Certificate Program is an advanced course on internal investigations.
It goes beyond the basic what, why, and how of conducting an internal investigation and focuses - through both lecture and dynamic classroom discussion - on complex legal situations involving Title VII, ADA, anti-discrimination, and other regulatory areas.
You also will learn best practices for investigating FMLA abuse, work-related injuries, workers’ compensation fraud, conflict of interest, and how to work with external resources such as private investigators and law enforcement agencies. Additionally, this course provides contemporary tools, advanced techniques, and best practices for conducting effective investigations that minimize organizational liability and reinforce integrity in internal processes.
Often senior leadership turns to HR for advice and counsel when there are allegations of employee misconduct, but if you don’t know how to handle these issues – both immediately and correctly – it could mean fines, penalties, and expensive litigation. This advanced course is the best investment in upgrading your skills while also minimizing organizational risk.
Key Benefits Of Attending
In this two-day workshop consisting of lecture, classroom interactive exercises, and a complex mock investigation, you will develop your skills to become a better investigator—and greatly enhance your career.
By attending this course, you will learn practical tools, tips, and techniques to improve your investigative skills - and boost your confidence in handling sensitive and complex employee issues.
Specifically, you will learn:
- Steps for responding to – and investigating - a potential Title VII violation
- How to handle an EEOC charge
- Methods for identifying and investigating workers compensation and disability fraud
- How to properly investigate FMLA and other leave abuse cases
- What to do when you're notified of a potential violation of anti-discrimination laws
- Current issues involving the NLRB - and challenges to the investigative process
- Steps for identifying – and investigating - persons who have the potential for committing an act of workplace violence
- Best practices for gathering and preserving physical, digital, and documentary evidence
- Steps for interviewing difficult and hostile witnesses to obtain testimonial evidence
- Advanced techniques for investigative interviewing
- Proven procedures for developing, acquiring, and documenting testimonial evidence
- When - and how - to involve law enforcement in an internal investigation
- How to prepare a "court ready" investigate report
- How to handle post-investigative issues, including defending investigative finds in arbitration hearings, unemployment hearings, and insurance claims
- How to minimize the risks of retaliation and expensive legal claims against the organization
- Recent court cases: what went wrong, and how you can keep it from happening to you
Included Materials, Credits, And Benefits
A "Certificate in Advanced Internal Investigations"
Upon completion of this seminar, you will be awarded with a "Certificate in Advanced Internal Investigations". This certificate will become a permanent addition to your professional resume, and greatly enhance your value to your organization.
PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits!
This program is approved for 12 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute.
This program is valid for 12 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or re-certification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
The Internal Investigations Training & Certification Program
As a seminar participant, you receive access to our Internal Investigations Training & Certification Program. This courses provide detailed specifics - including numerous examples, administrative tips, procedural recommendations, and interactive questions - for performing an investigation. Available online, it allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere with an internet connection. You also receive EIGHT additional hours of PHR/SPHR re-certification credits for this course
Class Agenda, Cities, Dates, And Times:Unless otherwise stated, classes run from 8am to 4pm each day, starting on the dates posted herein.
An "Early Bird" discount is offered for registrations made 30 days prior to the seminar date, so register today!
Although there are no pre-requisites for attending this course, you should have experience in HR, Employee Relations, Safety, or Security/Asset Protection, and a good working knowledge of internal investigations prior to attending.
For professionals who are fairly new to investigations, it is highly recommended that you attend our Internal Investigations Certificate Program first, as it is designed specifically for individuals new to an investigative role.
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars, webinars, audio conferences, and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance.
We also offer specialized seminars for HR Generalists, and on conducting Internal Investigations, as well as advanced courses on Strategic Leadership and Internal Investigations.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
Our programs also qualify for HRCI's PHR and SPHR re-certification credits, as well as SHRM's SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP PDCs. Seminar Policies