HR departments bear responsibility for many aspects of regulatory compliance, and this includes meeting state and federal laws governing health insurance benefits.
If your organization offers health insurance to employees, you need to understand the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). Compliance with this law is essential, but you also need to reduce your organization's liability. COBRA training can help you comprehend this complex regulation and balance your employees' needs with your company's interests.
Why Enroll in a COBRA Certification Program?
HR departments are typically responsible for compliance with COBRA. Understanding your organization's COBRA requirements can be challenging even for the most experienced professionals, especially because the Act comes with certain exceptions. Failing to comply with COBRA proves costly, so you need to follow the law exactly. Enrolling in a COBRA training program allows you to take control of your company's compliance. Becoming a Certified COBRA Administrator can also help you:
With changing rules, regulations, and court cases, being COBRA compliant is extremely complex. Not understanding the proper procedures and design options can really hurt your company.
- Reduce liability at your company
- Feel more confident in your job duties
- Expand your employment opportunities
- Increase your likelihood of receiving a pay raise
Our COBRA Training &Certification Program - a recipient of the "ASTD Excellence In Design" award - covers everything from the basics to advanced concepts, and will provide the answers to your questions regarding COBRA administration and COBRA compliance.
Administration & Documentation:
- Background & Overview
- Employers And Plans Subject To COBRA
- Individuals Covered By COBRA
- The Initial COBRA Notice
- Qualifying Events
Qualifying Event Notices
- The COBRA Timeline
- Calculating COBRA Premiums
- Billing And Collection
- Premium Payment Issues
- Events Terminating COBRA Coverage
- Other Rules & Requirements
Advanced Compliance Solutions
- Open Enrollment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- COBRA And The Family And Medical Leave Act
Alternative Coverage Rules
- Proactively determine Cessation Of Dependency Status and other potential Qualifying Events before you're notified or - perhaps even worse - find out after the fact
- Use Affirmative Rejection and Alternative Coverage design options to reduce health care and claims costs
- Know how to address region-specific HMO issues, Health Flexible Spending Accounts, and other items where new guidance was recently issued
- Handle Medicare, FMLA, and other coordination issues
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous "Administrative Tips" and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special "Bookmark" feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of HRCI PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- EIGHT hours of SHRM PDC re-certification credits
- Test to become a "Certified COBRA Administrator". Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and you can download your Certificate right from your computer! You'll also be able to view any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness
- This self-paced, online course consists of multiple "Lessons" of 20 to 30 minute duration, with a bookmark feature available. Approximate completion time is 8 to 10 hours for those who are new or slightly experienced COBRA administrators; 6 to 8 hours for experienced COBRA administrators.
- This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
- Organizations with 100 or more employees requiring COBRA training can customize this course. Please call us at 770-410-1219 for details.
|About The Provider:
||HRcertification.com offers seminars, webinars, audio conferences, and online training programs to help you better understand and administer the regulations and compliance requirements for COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, Payroll, Retirement Plans, Cafeteria Plans, and other federally-mandated compliance.
We also offer specialized seminars for HR Generalists, and on conducting Internal Investigations, as well as advanced courses on Strategic Leadership and Internal Investigations.
Used by almost every major company and TPA in the country, each of our programs includes numerous tips, examples, recommended procedures, realistic scenarios, and interactive quizzes - all designed to help ensure you are learning.
Our programs also allow you to earn either a valuable "Certified Administrator" designation (for our online programs) or a Skills Certificate (for our in-person seminar attendees)! We also offer a "Certified TPA" Program for Third Party Administrators!
Our programs also qualify for HRCI's PHR and SPHR re-certification credits, as well as SHRM's SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP PDCs. Seminar Policies